Take ‘Em! Waterfowl Journal is a print magazine BY and FOR dedicated waterfowlers and the waterfowling lifestyle. Our writers and photographers are 100% waterfowlers. With their own words and images, Take ‘Em! celebrates the Old School, the present day, and the future of our sport. When you are a Take ‘Em! subscriber, we invite you to be a contributor, as well.
Here are a few of the things we believe in …
- puddlers that lock up high and decoy without circling
- the slap of waves against a big-water layout boat
- a crescent moon, a north wind, and 35 degrees
- your partner’s whoop when the Lab delivers a banded bird
- eggs crackling in bacon grease on a 2-burner stove
- divers whistling over longlines
- and 3 AM C-store coffee, bitter as a mother-in-law.
We believe in…
- Unexpected flight days
- Canadas feet-down and backpedaling on their second circle
- Early starts (for the dawn glow as much as for the flight)
- Huntin’ over a few of Granddad’s decoys at least once a season
- the aroma of powder smoke, wet dogs, and marsh mud.
We believe in…
- the intensity in the eyes of a veteran retriever
- a kid’s genuine excitement at knocking down their first bird on the wing
- lying in springtime mud under a spin of 2,000 snows
- and a nice cold beer at the end of the hunt.
If you believe in one or all of these things, Take ‘Em! Waterfowl Journal is for YOU. Subscribe and join us.
“Good huntin’ to You,”
54-Season Waterfowler &